A simple and nostalgic treat to make during the holidays for the whole family! It only takes a few simple ingredient and is perfect for gifting!
- 35 saltine crackers
- 12 oz Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- sprinkles and royal icing decorations
- Place the crackers on a lined baking sheet, set aside.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow the mixture to simmer for 3 minutes until thickened, then pour over the crackers. Place into the oven at 350F for 15 minutes to crystallize.
- Combine the chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for 20 second bursts until fully melted. Pour on top of the toffee layer, then add the sprinkles and decorations.
- Allow the Christmas crack to set in the fridge before breaking into smaller pieces.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE!
Share a photo and tag me on instagram, I’d love to see your treats!