Get ready to impress your friends and family with with Festive Striped Cake Roll. This holiday dessert not only looks amazing but also tastes incredible. The alternating layers of red and green cake, filled with creamy cream cheese frosting will make your special occasion even more memorable!
Christmas Cake Roll
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- green and red food coloring
- 4-5 cups cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and line a 9X13 baking pan with parchment paper. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks into two mixing bowls. Whisk the milk, oil, and vanilla into the bowl of egg yolks. Next, sift in the flour and baking powder. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites on high speed until foamy, then slow add in the sugar while continuing to whisk. Beat until stiff peaks have formed.
- Gently fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture, about 1 cup at a time. Be careful not to deflate the meringue while mixing. Once barely combined, separate the batter into 2 bowls and add enough food coloring to create a vibrant shade of red and green in each bowl. Mix until the color is well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into piping bags, then pipe onto the baking tray in a diagonal pattern.Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Once baked, flip onto a floured surface, remove the parchment, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Trim the edges of the cake if needed.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese frosting evenly onto the cake. Carefully roll up the cake lengthways, and tightly wrap in plastic wrap. Place into the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour, then pipe extra frosting on top for decoration.